Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Custom Installation - Set Up Database fails

Maitri April 19, 2018

Bamboo set up with Custom Installation is keep failing while setting up data base.

I have created a DB in SQL server and provided the correct JDBC Connection url too.

Tables got created successfully in the DB but Bamboo set up wizard comes back to the same screen again and when I click on Continue button I can just see that 

"Please wait while Bamboo sets up your database" and spinner goes on and doesn't come back at all.

I have uninstalled  bamboo, deleted the bamboo-home folder completely and re installed Bamboo several times, but no luck, getting stuck with the same problem of setting up DB.

Any help would be much much appreciated please.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Hi Maitri,

I'd take a look at the atlassian-bamboo.log file which you'll find in the <BambooHome>/logs directory, this should give you a clue as to what's going on.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Maitri April 20, 2018

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.

I have fixed the issue yesterday itself, I will share the solution here just in case if anyone else is experiencing the similar issue.

The issue was with External Database set up, there were two things that I have missed while setting up the DB

Configure the database to use case-sensitive collation — to make the SQL Server database respect case differences in the data it stores (which is required for Bamboo), ensure that you configure it using a case-sensitive collation option such as 'Latin1_General_CS_AS'. To access this feature in SQL Server Management Studio, right-click on the database name, select Properties from the resulting menu, then select the Options page. 

Configure the database to use the correct isolation level— Ensure that the new database was set to use Read Committed with Row Versioning as its isolation level. You can apply the new isolation by executing the following query:

ALTER DATABASE <database name>
   SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
   WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;

So I have deleted the DB and created it again and performed the above mentioned two steps, that is it, rest worked as expected.

Thanks

Maitri

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events