Bamboo - Capabilities configuration is read-only because of specs

Paul Laganke March 2, 2021

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the agent management and its permissions in bamboo. The documentation and the found threads unfortunately didn't provide the crucial hint.

Preconditions:
-I'm using bamboo specs (yaml)
-I'm not the bamboo administrator

Problem:
While I try to deploy my already build artifact, the build fails because the used java version is not suitable:

[...]Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: <...> has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0),
this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 [...]

I'm pretty sure this is related to the used bamboo agent. Sadly it seems like I can't change the used agent because I'm missing some permissions (I want to select an agent which uses Java 11 instead of 8):

1.png

Assumption:
For now, I guess it's needed to add some magic permission to the spec to be able to set the capability configuration on writable.

But I don't know which one is needed :)

currently, the permissions look like:

2.png

Thanks in advance guys.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

I think you don't need any additional permission here but to configure requirements for given evironment:

My environment:
tasks:
- clean
- artifact-download:
artifacts:
- {}
- script:
interpreter: SHELL
scripts:
- echo hello
requirements:
- java: '1.8'

Paul Laganke March 2, 2021

Thanks, it seems to work like charm!

I didn't know that capabilities <-> requirements connection.

I managed to create a new capability, now I just need to find the correct name&value to get a suitable agent. But that's not within this question's scope.

SOLVED.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

It's confusing UX, message should say that requirement is not editable because of Specs. Will be fixed at future versions

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events