Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo CLI addTask does not work for fields that have values with colons

Cihangir Okuyan January 4, 2019

Hi,

I've been having trouble using the bamboo cli to create a AWS S3 Object task. The bamboo cli uses a comma separated list where the fields are mapped to their values via colons

--fields field1:value1,field2:value2

However, this fails when the value contains colons, such as in the artifactToUpload field for the AWS S3 Object task:

-1:1:1:DEPLOYNAME: all artifacts

I noticed in the bamboo logs that the request ends up only using the value up until the first colon, so using the example above, only -1 is used in the request and fails.

However, when I switched to using the --field1 --value1 syntax, the call worked fine and created the task in bamboo. But since I had to go up to field7 using this syntax and since parameters field3 and above are deprecated, I was wondering if there was a workaround to getting this to work using the --fields parameter.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift _Appfire_ March 30, 2019

Use multiple field parameters to specify one field at a time - it is a bit easier.

In general, if you have CLI parameters that are comma and/or colon separated and the value contains a separator character, you need to single quote the value in order to prevent the embedded separator from being mis-interpreted.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2019

Hi! 

As I understand you wrote about bamboo cli from Bob-Swift toolset. 

Therefore I suggest you raise by link 

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events