Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Agent some times not picking up the commands like Pod, figlet etc..,

Raj K March 19, 2018

It would be of great assistance. If someone assist me why sometimes Bamboo Agent doesn't pick up the commands like Pod, xcpretty, figlet etc..,

1 answer

1 vote
Jean Volski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2018

Hi Raj,

The Bamboo Agent may not pick up commands if they are not set up in the environment. Please check that the commands you want the Agent to pick up are present in the $PATH environment variable.

Cheers,

Jean

Raj K March 22, 2018

Thanks a lot for your reply Jean.

The problem is that sometimes it picks up and some times it doesnt.

Kindly See the screenshot for more information.

Let's say for the very first time after the configuration of the agent it picks up all the commands properly and after some time it doesn't .

Its very weird. 

To add to your point:

I print my path : echo $PATH

It prints the 

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

Where it went and checked whether all the commands are there. Its there.

I'm quite not sure where should I need to update .

It would be of great assistance, if there are some pointers.

---Raj

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 6.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-22 at 6.23.46 PM.png

Jean Volski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

Hi Raj,

The screenshot you sent shows that your script is calling your commands/tools (figlet, pod, ...) but the shell cannot find them in the environment.

I suggest you try the following:

(1) Use the absolute paths for each tool that you are calling in your script. To find the absolute path for "figlet", you can run the command which figlet. You should be able to then update your script using the results that the which command returns for every tool.

OR

(2) Ensure the environment has the correct path to the tools in the $PATH variable. Using the same which command above, you can verify where the tool is located and update the $PATH variable to point to the location of your tools (if needed).

Hope that helps!

Raj K March 26, 2018

Thanks a lot Jean.  I have updated my scripts to the absolute paths. As of now No problem.

But I wonder why it succeeds sometimes and some times it doesn't.

I have my .bash_profile under the home user when I print, it does shows the following path.

/usr/libexec:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin where I can see all sh files.

why it happens.

As of now, the absolute path seems to have given the fix. 

-Thanks and Regards,

Raj

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events