Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo: Access script variable in subsequent maven task

Ketan.Solanki June 10, 2019

Hi All,

I have seen many posts where people asking to access Bamboo variables in script but this is not about that.

I am defining a variable in Shell Script task, as below, and then I would like to access that variable in the subsequent maven task.

#!/bin/sh

currentBuildNumber
=${bamboo.buildNumber}

toSubtract
=1newVersion=$(( currentBuildNumber - toSubtract ))

echo "Value of newVersion: ${newVersion}"

This one goes perfectly fine. However I have a subsequent maven 3 task where I try to access this variable by typing ${newVersion} I get below error

versions:set-property -Dproperty="newThatversion" -DnewVersion="${bamboo.newVersion}"
error   07-Jun-2019 14:12:20    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowErrorsimple  
07-Jun-2019 14:12:21 Failing task since return code of [mvn --batch-mode -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp versions:set -DnewVersion=1.0.${newVersion}] was 1 while expected 0

Basically, I would like to automate the version number of the built jar files just by using ${bamboo.buildNumber} and subtracting some number so that I won't have to enter the new version number every time I run a build.

Appreciate your help... thanks,

P.S. StackOverflow post is here... https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56488718/bamboo-access-script-variable-in-subsequent-maven-task (I will update there when I get an answer)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ketan.Solanki June 11, 2019

This has been answered in the stackoverflow.com question

I posted it here as well because no one answered me there for 4 days and thought to ask to specific community! But mods had marked it as SPAM - probably because of duplicate posting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events