Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo API only displaying 25 branches of build plan

christok September 10, 2019

Hello, I am trying to retrieve a list of all the branches of build plan. My ultimate goal is to use this information to automatically create a release from each branch and then automatically deploy those branches.

I didn't get very far in this pursuit because the API method to list all branches of a build plan (https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-bamboo/REST/6.2.5/#d2e1475) only retrieves 25 results. Similar methods behave similarly.

Is there a way to retrieve a list of all branches, or otherwise try to accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hi @christok

The number of results is set by default to 25. You can change it by using the max-result property when calling the REST API endpoint as Alexey properly shared.

e.g.

curl -u admin:admin -X GET <BAMBOO_URL>/rest/api/latest/plan/<PLAN-KE
Y>/branch?max-result=1000

I see this property is missing in our docs for some of the endpoints including the one you mentioned. I've opened the following improvement request to cover this:

christok September 12, 2019

Thank you!

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

You are welcome!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2019

Try this

curl -H "Accept: application/json" -u admin http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/plan/TEST-TEST/branch?max-result=1000

christok September 12, 2019

That worked, thanks! The one comment I'd make is that this particular method seems to return JSON not XML.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2019

Hi @christok

If you remove the -H "Accept: application/json" part it will return the XML you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events