Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo API doesn't Work. Cannot Enable REST Plugin. Timeout Error.

brian_schrader November 14, 2023

After upgrading from 9.2.4 to 9.2.7 due to a security patch, the REST API plugin will not start and therefore the app just doesn't work. 

I followed several guides to get to this point but I'm at a loss. I'm running on Windows.

I started here which seemed to match my symptoms and it says to make sure the REST api plugin is enabled (which it wasn't)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/bamboo-error-message-pop-ups-in-ui-an-unexpected-error-has-occurred-while-accessing-plan-pages-1283359049.html

However, trying to enable it causes "unexpected errors" messages to appear and the plugin cannot be enabled. That lead me to this guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/plugins-initialization-times-out-with-timeout-occurred-before-finding-service-dependencies-on-bamboo-startup-303661078.html

However even after doing everything above I still get the following log message and the rest API plugin will not start.

Any help is appreciated as Bamboo is basically broken for all uses and we're dead in the water.

2023-11-14 14:32:20,747 ERROR [Spring DM Context Creation Timer] [DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-rest], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.bamboo.deployments.environments.service.internal.InternalEnvironmentService)(objectClass=com.atlassian.bamboo.deployments.environments.service.internal.InternalEnvironmentService))] (from bean [&internalEnvironmentService])
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-rest' has timed out waiting for (&(objectClass=com.atlassian.bamboo.deployments.environments.service.internal.InternalEnvironmentService)(objectClass=com.atlassian.bamboo.deployments.environments.service.internal.InternalEnvironmentService))
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:489) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:54) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:109) ~[?:?]
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555) ~[?:1.8.0_162]
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505) ~[?:1.8.0_162]

1 answer

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2023

Hello Brian,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Sometime external incompatible plugins lead to failure of System plugins like the one which you have highlighted ( Rest API plugin ).

I understand your Bamboo is up and running at this point, Can you try to run Bamboo in safe mode and then try to enable the Rest API plugin to see it it works.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/disabling-or-enabling-a-plugin-289277281.html

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events