BAMBOO - server and remote agent JAVA / JDK version compatibility requirements

timothy schmidt January 22, 2019

I remember seeing several threads (don't remember where at the moment) that gave differing opinions or assertions regarding what JAVA version a specific bamboo server  it's remote agents' should be run under.

Basically I've seen statements that any version mix of the SERVER & REMOTE AGENT java/jdk is ok.

But I've also seen statements to the effect that you should really make sure they are identical to avoid  what I seem to recall  were possible JAVA "communication" issues.

With respect to BAMBOO 6.7+, is there a formal HARD requirement stipulated anywhere, and if so, where could I find it.

Thank you,

T.S.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2019

Hi @timothy schmidt,

The document that you should do as a reference is: Supported platforms - Atlassian Documentation. At Java >> Good to know you will see:

• You only need to run the agent and server using a supported JDK. Agents can build software with any JDK version. 

Bamboo 6.7.X requires Java 1.8 for both agent and server. The minor version can be different but it needs to be Java 1.8.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events