Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available 'variables/properties/references' for injection into atlassian-plugin.xml

Christopher Dancy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

Trying to find a list of what is available to use for injection purposes in atlassian-plugin.xml. I'm coding a web-item and trying to define the link element something like the below:

<link linkId="rules_diff_link">/plugins/servlet/rulesdiff?planKey=${plan.key}&amp;planBuildNumber=${plan.buildNumber}</link>

Obviously those variables are not present but I want to be able to do something like that at runtime so that each time the link is displayed (our case it's being displayed on the BuildResult page) it's populated w/ plan specific info. Is there a list of what variables/refernences can be used for injection and/or how to do something like what I'm asking? A way to reference the current plan or resultssummary would be great assuming I can do so. Thanks AOT.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Dancy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

through trial/error and some digging through the internets I found a few examples where people used the following variables:

${buildNumber}

${planKey}

This was enough to pass to my servlet to get the necessary plan-build to get what I need. I only wish there was more documentation on what variables are available for use w/in atlassian-plugin.xml.

0 votes
Carsten A.
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2012

Just for clearance: You want a link which changes with every build of your plugin, right?

You can use ${project.artifactId} and ${project.version} in your link.

For a more advanced manipulation I suggest, defining a atlassian-plugin.xml.template file, using variables or other placeholders and using maven-antrun-plugin in your pom. You can do pretty much everything. I do it to populate timestamps and svn commit numbers in a properties file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events