cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto trigger for multiple repos

kpitch September 8, 2020

I have a single bamboo plan and added multiple repositories to this plan

and auto trigger is enabled.My plan contains Sourcecode checkout , Maven 3.x

and multiple repositories added to it. Each repo has its own pom file.

1. I need the build for only the committed repository .If my git hub REPO-A got committed ,my build plan should run build for only REPO-A , and not for REPO-B,C etc.,.

2. while i'm having multiple source code checkout how does maven 3.x tasks will work for each repository .

What is the best way to handle it

1 answer

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2020

Hi @kpitch,

What you want to do isn't possible with a single build plan.  What we ended up doing was creating one build plan per repo that built what needed to be executed (we are using MSBuild not maven) and we saved the artifacts.

We then have another build plan that aggregates all of the built artifacts into a single package for our release process.  This "collector" build plan is triggered upon successful completion of one of the three triggering plans.

This way, you can have the actual build only run for when code is changed, but you will have a single plan you use for the rest of your deployment process that always has the most up to date build artifacts.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events