Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching an EBS to a Bamboo elastic image

dan biggins March 21, 2019

I am trying to connect an EBS to an AWS Elastic agent using Bamboo 6.7, and I want to make sure I am following the right process.  According to the docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0607/generating-your-aws-private-key-file-and-certificate-file-966045747.html

The instructions say:

The AWS private key file and certificate file that are generated by Amazon and used together to allow Elastic Bamboo to securely access some of the AWS services, such as EBS for elastic instances and the Amazon command line tools.

In the next section it says:

These settings were used for older Bamboo setup. Since then, we've introduced a simplified mechanisms for working with instances as described above.

Do we still need a private key and cert file for the connectivity, or is the AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key sufficient?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dan biggins March 26, 2019

The short answer is no, you don't need the key and the cert file. 

If you need to run the scripts on the elastic agent for creating and saving the EBS snapshots, you select the 'Upload AWS account identifiers to elastic instances' checkbox on the 'Elastic Bamboo configuration' page in the Bamboo Administration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events