Atlas-run -- AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher Edited

We are currently in the process of upgrading to the latest Bamboo version,  however for the time being we are on 5.6.

Until the upgrade is complete, I need functionality to Trigger Deployment from Tasks.

I've created a Plugin as per official documenation -- which default to the latest Bamboo version. 

Due to backwards compatiablity issues around the Deployment Execution Service, I've update the plugin for 5.6 support. 

See code @:

https://github.com/vicsz/Bamboo-Deployment-Trigger-Task-Plugin

However, once I've down graded to 5.6 .. I've been unable to succesfully run atlas-run. 

I'm running into the following errors:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.actions.setup.BambooContextLoaderListener

FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [UpgradeLauncher] Failed to initialise Bamboo container

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.NullPointerException

Either I missed something in my configuration ?? or the previous run of atlas-run at a newer version is some how polluting the current invocation. 

Note, that I am using a current JDK (1.8), and I've tried mvn-cleaning including completly wipping the /target dir. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

I think you need to use older Java (7?), it looks like your Java 8 is not recognised.

Thought so too .. but I've explicitly specified complication to 1.6 in the maven-compiler-plugin settings. Which I would assume would do the trick, not so. 

It won't because it does not affect the reported JVM version.

You seem to be correct ...  it's rare that I see software not working on newer versions of the JVM.  

Though the issue that I'm running into now is that the latest version of Atlas-SDK is compiled with 1.8,  and I can't seem to find older versions with brew on OSX. 

Lots of Yak Shaving .. sigh

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,446 views 20 13
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you