Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifact sharing from a failed build plan to a child plan

headerfile February 22, 2019

Hi,

I am using Bamboo's 'Artifact Downloader' plugin to share artifacts from a parent plan to a child plan. I have configured the child plan to run even if the parent plan failed. I notice that when the child plan is running, the 'Artifact Downloader' is downloading the artifacts from the last successful build of the parent plan. How do I make it download the artifact from the latest build (instead of the last successful build) of the parent plan?

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Hi @headerfile

This happens by design. In most cases, it won't make sense to get an artifact from a failed build. Depending on the failure the artifact won't even be published.

I do think the simpler way is to make sure your prior build plan succeeds before trying to run the plan that will consume the artifact. You could change your trigger by setting the option Only run Build if other Plans are currently passing and providing the correct plan key.

If you still want to try downloading the artifact from the latest build even if it is failed you may try it programmatically. For that you would need:

1. The PLAN-KEY from which the artifact is downloaded
    ⚠️ Please notice that depending on the plan branch the PLAN-KEY will be different
  2. The BUILD-NUMBER of the plan you want the artifact
    You could discover the latest one using something like:
    BUILD_NUMBER=`curl -u user:password -X GET 'http://localhost:8085/bamboo/rest/api/latest/result/PROP-PLEN-latest' | awk -v FS="(resultNumber)" '{print $2}' | tr -d '<>/'`
  3. The artifact name
  4. The artifact file
  5. Download the artifact using the process from this other community question: Dowload Plan Artifacts

I hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events