Artifact Sharing with multiple build agents

Darby Coquet October 9, 2012

Having an issue with artifact sharing. The issue is that the first stage of my plan builds the artifact (zip file) on build server 1. The second stage of the plan is executed manually and when executed the stage is to use the zip file from the previous stage. The issue I'm having is that the second stage executes on a different build agent so the artifact is can't be found.

Assistance with understanding how to have the second stage continue on the same build agent as the first stage would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

7 answers

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2012

Options:

• define your artifacts as Bamboo artifacts - Bamboo will make sure that they are available wherever the build takes place
  • manually share your artifacts (e.g. through a shared network directory) - you need to make sure that all agents have access to that directory
  • manually share your artifacts on a local drive - you need to make sure that all stages execute on the same machine through capabilities
0 votes
William McCroskey February 21, 2018

Funny that this has never been answered.  Any suggestions?  I have the same issue 6 years later.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Can you please explain why Przemek's answer doesn't fit your needs?

0 votes
Andrew Morin October 14, 2012

I also work with Darby. We have a cluster of 7 build servers supporting this and multiple other applications. We already use capabilities to point the applications to this cluster and not our other three servers. We don't want to restrict this to a single server so this won't work for us unless I am missing something...?

0 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

If you want multiple Stages to execute on the same agent, just use capabilities. Define a capability on the agent like "agent.number = 1" and then just add that capability to each Job in each Stage you want to run on the same agent.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hm... that's weird. From your comments I think you're using artifact sharing properly and the build agent used for the second stage should have been receiving your .zip file correctly. Have you considered contacting with Atlassian support - http://support.atlassian.com ? Maybe you're encountering some specific bug in Bamboo?

0 votes
Darby Coquet October 9, 2012

I'm using the artifact sharing feature within Bamboo. In the first stage I've selected the ZIP as the zrtifact to be shared and created the artifact dependency in the second stage.

Thank you

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Hello Darby,

Can I ask you how do you have your artifact sharing configured? Are you using 'artifacts sharing' feature in Bamboo, or do you rely on some external artifact sharing mechanism? I'm not sure after looking at the description you provided...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events