Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any reasons why I wouldn't be able to download an artifact from a build?

Alexis Evans September 21, 2022

I noticed that, in some of my builds, the downloadable links for the artifacts aren't there. I'm seeing this when I click on a plan, then click on a build within that plan. Then, I'm going to the Artifacts tab to the right of Summary.

This shows a list of artifacts associated with the build. Under Artifact, it says the artifact name, and then to the right, it shows the file size.

For some of my builds, the names of the artifacts in this list are also links that, when you click on them, allow you to download the file. This is what is supposed to happen. But for some other builds, the name of the artifact is not a link, and you can't download anything.

What reasons can you think of that might prevent the links from being added, or otherwise cause this to happen? Maybe the files are being moved or aren't put in the place where Bamboo is expecting them to be? Is linking the files in this way native to Bamboo?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2022

Hello @Alexis Evans

Artifact download links will only be available for artifacts that are present. For artifacts that still have a reference in the database but are not present in the filesystem, the links will be greyed out.

In your case, the artifacts were either manually removed on the filesystem or were expired by a Global or Plan based expiry configuration.

Cheers,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Alexis Evans September 22, 2022

Thanks for the reply! That makes a lot of sense.

If there is an artifact I want to download, but it seems to have already been deleted, is there anything I can do to get it back, or will I need to re-run the build in order to generate new artifacts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events