Are there any howtos or examples for how to use ssh/bash scripts with bamboo ondemand?

Rick Dudley June 26, 2013

I have read a lot of documentation at this point and it is still not clear to me how bamboo ondemand actually works. Does Atlassian provide or recommend someone to provide support for this product?

2 answers

0 votes
Mcgarrybowen Administrator June 26, 2013

How do I provide bamboo with the keys to do that? Is there a way to link Bamboo with a bitbucket account? Do you provide example scripts? Can you show me a snippet of shell code that uses the variables that bamboo exposes to the shell? These are basic usage questions that would be easily answered with a basic usage example as opposed to a description of fields on a web form.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

Just make the script repository one of the repositories that your plan uses. It can be a Bitbucket repository.

Bamboo variables are exported as bash shell variables. The name is converted to capital casing and all full-stops are converted to underscores. For example, the variable bamboo.my.variable is $BAMBOO_MY_VARIABLE in bash.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

Basically, you subsribe to Atlassian's OnDemand service and get access to a Bamboo server.

To build your source code, you have to have an Amazon EC2 account associated with your Bamboo server. Your builds will execute in Amazon cloud, the cost for that can be as low as $0.01 per hour.

If you're new to Bamboo/EC2 in general, it can be scary at first, but after you start using it, most/all of your problems will go away. We really tried to simplify the whole thing :-)

Mcgarrybowen Administrator June 26, 2013

I understand that. I mean a fairly basic question like "I have autogenerated shell scripts that were being dynamically imported into jenkins, how do I replicate this step up with bamboo onDemand?"

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2013

You can use Bamboo's Script task pointing to the location of these scripts. It's probably easiest to put them in a VCS somewhere and check them out during build.

Rick Dudley June 26, 2013

I rather it be clear and explicit than simple. I want to be able to inspect a system to determine how it's working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events