You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have this infra:
Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo in http, securing with apache using SSL.
After updating Bamboo from 6.8.1 to 6.10 Im not being able to link other Atlassian apps, when i enter the URL from jira or bitbucket, a warning says 'No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid'. But on the other hand, when i did the same job in the other app it did well, but says that is failing the response from bamboo app.
I entered in the virtual machine where bamboo is installed and i do:
ping to jira host - OK
ping to jira's url - OK
And after analizing logs when i tried to add the app link to another app i am seeing this errors:
"2019-10-30 08:31:49,868 ERROR [http-nio-8085-exec-1] [CreateApplicationLinkUIResource] ManifestNotFoundException thrown while retrieving manifest
com.atlassian.applinks.spi.manifest.ManifestNotFoundException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
what is happening??
from the error you're getting, I think this kb is exactly talking about your issue : https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/application-link-not-working-due-to-manifestnotfoundexception-393904879.html
Basically, there's a network issue between the 2 instances. But it could also be something else ... what are your other apps versions ?
Hi, thanks for your reply.
There is no network issue, ive already tried this
curl -H "Accept: application/json" http://potatobake:8090/rest/applinks/1.0/manifest -v
and the awnser was good.
The ping is good, telnet is good, everything on network is good.
And in version 6.8 works OK connecting to both apps, bitbucket and jira, but now it isnt working.
you said both applications are running with Apache using SSL, but I can see that you used http and not https in your curl test. Can you confirm if you're using http or https ?
When I've had issues like this, I can fix it by creating a specific connector for that Application Link that will bypass the proxy, as described here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-bypass-a-reverse-proxy-or-ssl-in-application-links-719095724.html.
If you do need SSL between application links, I would suggest checking that your bamboo instance JVM has your root certificate in its truststore : https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-import-a-public-ssl-certificate-into-a-jvm-867025849.html
Let me know if this helps,
the default password is "changeit" :
Import the certificate:
<JAVA_HOME>/bin/keytool -import -alias <server_name> -keystore <JAVA_HOME>/jre/lib/security/cacerts -file public.crt
Then enter the password if prompted (the default is
No need to change server.xml, you can restart the application and try again setting up the Application Link !