Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Backup the Database?

Jonathan B. September 23, 2014

I'm using an external Postgresql database for my Jira, Crowd, Confluence, Stash, Crucible, and Bamboo applications. I've configured backups within each application (except Stash which runs Bash scripts for backups). Does this backup the data in the databases or is it JUST the site configurations?

For instance if my Atlassian server dies, will I be able to completely restore everything using the backups stored in {Home Directory}/backups?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Hi Jonathan, the XML backup also includes the content of the application (e.g.: pages for Confluence, issue for JIRA, etc).

Cheers

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2014

In case there's any doubt, the backup for Crowd also includes the necessary parts of Crowd's database.

1 vote
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Some things to consider:

1. For JIRA, DB is the full backup but not the attachments along with the issues
  2. For Confluence, same as JIRA
  3. For Stash, you need to backup repositories folder structure as DB does not contain repository/code data.
  4. For Bamboo and Crucible, same as JIRA

I usually prefer DB backup with folder sync.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events