Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Bamboo Data center installation guide using AWS

Sameer March 18, 2022

Can any one share bamboo data center installation guide/tutorial/video/anything that can be handy?

Thanks in Advance

2 answers

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

If you happen to be comfortable with Kubernetes, you could also check out the new (and officially supported, note the resp. disclaimer though) Bamboo Data Center on Kubernetes deployment option via the Atlassian DC Helm charts (the community post also has a demo video).

We (Utoolity) have recently used the accompanying Terraform based (but not yet officially supported, note the resp. disclaimerDeployment Automation for Atlassian DC on Kubernetes to deploy Bamboo DC on Amazon EKS, and for our Data Center app performance and scale testing purposes this went pretty smooth already, i.e. the project is usable for development scenarios, but not yet approved for production usage.

Shafeequr Rehman Mohammed March 25, 2022

We are looking for a similar approach. Hope this helps us. Thanks @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ :)

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2022

Hello @Shafeequr Rehman Mohammed 

Check this guide:

Note: This guide was written for Bamboo 7.2. You can follow that page to understand how to upgrade Bamboo to the latest version. Please make sure to read the Bamboo Upgrade guide and to also check for Bamboo Supported Platforms.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Sameer March 19, 2022

Hi @Eduardo Alvarenga Thanks for replying. But oops, the page link you provided doesn't exist. Also, looking at the url it says about Running Bamboo server in aws, but would you or anybody else please help me with Data center one? :) Thanks

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2022

Hey @Shafeequr Rehman Mohammed

I'm sorry for the broken link. I have fixed it on my initial message and it should be fine now.

Regarding your "Server x Data Center" concern, both releases share the same binaries and they differentiate only by features that are "unlocked" when using a DC key.

Cheers,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Like # people like this
Shafeequr Rehman Mohammed March 25, 2022

Nice one @Eduardo Alvarenga !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events