Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Bamboo trigger to be fired to any IP

Clarizza Campos Ramirez July 2, 2019

Hi, i am trying to use Bamboo triggers to deploy to QA env when a pull request is merged on Bitbucket, since our servers are under firewalls i am receiving following error

"Build request for plan [my_pan] originated from x.x.x.x,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 which is not an allowed address"

It looks like trigger is receiving an IPv6 instead of IPv4, so, i would like to allow any IP to run my trigger.

Any suggestion?

NOTE.- since i am not server admin it could be a little be hard to modify any configuration at OS level

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2019

This sounds like you are affected by the long standing but meanwhile addressed lack of IPv6 support in Bamboo, the following bug matches your error message:

While BAM-5172 lacks a fix version, the linked Support IPv6 (BAM-14256) issue suggests that this has finally been addressed as of Bamboo 6.7 in October 2018.

Unfortunately this implies that you will need to persuade your server administrator to upgrade Bamboo to a respectively recent version, though BAM-5172 at least lists the following potential workaround as a short-term remedy:

If IPv6 is enabled on the Bamboo server, it can be disabled to workaround this issue.

Clarizza Campos Ramirez July 2, 2019

Hi @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_  

yes, i already saw this quick fix, but as i mentioned i need to contact server admin in order to do this change, well let me try to go that way.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events