After disabling a remote agent in Bamboo, how do I re-enable it?

In the Bamboo admin screen, I selected one of my remote agents (build machines) and clicked the Disable button. But there's no Enable button to be found.

How do I re-enable this remote agent?

Using 5.5.1 (build 4306).

2 answers

Which version of bamboo are you using?

Using 5.5.1 (build 4306). Thanks!

Ideally there would be disable/enable and delete options in the bamboo page. https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/disabling-or-deleting-an-agent-289277174.html If you dont find that option, did you try to start the remote agent manually?

Thanks for the reply. No "Enable" option. In fact, the help site you sent me to is titled, "Disabling or deleting an agent." No mention of enabling an agent. I tried starting (restarting) the remote agent manually. No luck.

Solved it, finally.

Once you disable a remote agent, it disappears from the Online Remote Agents tab and appears in the Offline Remote Agents tab. Of course, there's no Enable button in the Offline Remote Agents tab.

Unfortunately, "restarting" the agent does NOT fix this:

./bamboo-agent-home/bin/bamboo-agent.sh restart

The solution was to stop and then start the agent:

./bamboo-agent-home/bin/bamboo-agent.sh stop
    ./bamboo-agent-home/bin/bamboo-agent.sh start

At this point, the agent reappeared in the Online Remote Agents tab, which meant I could re-enable it.

Very frustrating.

Glad that you were able to get it up. Still strange that restart didnt work :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,453 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you