Add new executable capability in Atlassian Cloud Bamboo

I am having trouble finding how to add a new executable capability in Bamboo. I have done this in the past. Such as being able to select the "mycommand" from a list when making a new executable task, then defining the arguments and such.

I have referred to this documentation, but none of the agent-level features seem to be able to be found in our Bamboo instance: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Defining+a+new+executable+capability#Defininganewexecutablecapability-agentspecific

2 answers

I see these docs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOOCLOUD/Custom+command+executable

But the link to add a new custom executable doesn't show for me...

The link is missing for me too. Perhaps that explains why I was able to figure this out in the past and not now...

Hi! That piece of docs is indeed misleading a bit, but I found that there are two other ways to achieve this:

• You need to define the capability for the agent image and then create an agent using that image.
  • You can add the capability to an already running agent as described here (and then restart the agent).

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot