It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Accessing AWS Identifiers from build plan

Jeremy Switzer Feb 11, 2013

Does bamboo make my AWS Access Identifiers (ID & Secret) that I entered in the Admisitration Panel available anywhere on the elastic instance? I want to upload some files to an S3 bucket from one of my build plans that uses the same identifiers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski Atlassian Team Feb 11, 2013

No, it's not available anywhere - you have to hardcode it in your script. We try to transfer as few credentials to the instance as possible.

You could put them in a file created via an instance setup script (check your image configuration) - in this way you'd have a single point where you define them.

Jeremy Switzer Feb 12, 2013

Thanks!

So if I add:

export AWS_KEY=XXXXXX
export AWS_SECRET=XXXXXX

to the setup script in the instance configuration, those vars will be available to the bamboo user when running a job via "$AWS_KEY" and "$AWS_SECRET"?

Will they also be available to the root user when running customise-extras.sh?

Przemek Bruski Atlassian Team Feb 12, 2013

No, that won't work. You'd need to store them in a file and access it from your scripts.

If you want to make them available in customise-extras.sh, you can also put them into

/etc/defaults

on your EBS.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Statuspage

⭐️Would you recommend Statuspage? Leave a (honest!) review. ⭐️

Hi Community friends, We're working on sourcing more reviews on Capterra – a popular software review site –  to help teams like yours make more informed decisions when choosing an inc...

64 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you