Accessing AWS Identifiers from build plan

Does bamboo make my AWS Access Identifiers (ID & Secret) that I entered in the Admisitration Panel available anywhere on the elastic instance? I want to upload some files to an S3 bucket from one of my build plans that uses the same identifiers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

No, it's not available anywhere - you have to hardcode it in your script. We try to transfer as few credentials to the instance as possible.

You could put them in a file created via an instance setup script (check your image configuration) - in this way you'd have a single point where you define them.

Thanks!

So if I add:

export AWS_KEY=XXXXXX
export AWS_SECRET=XXXXXX

to the setup script in the instance configuration, those vars will be available to the bamboo user when running a job via "$AWS_KEY" and "$AWS_SECRET"?

Will they also be available to the root user when running customise-extras.sh?

No, that won't work. You'd need to store them in a file and access it from your scripts.

If you want to make them available in customise-extras.sh, you can also put them into

/etc/defaults

on your EBS.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,626 views 22 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you