Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied : creating deployment project through Bamboo specs

Naveen Julakanti April 27, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to Create a deployment project through bamboo specs .I am facing an error stating that my bamboo specs doesn't have authorization to create deployment project . What permissions should I provide for bamboo specs repository ? I can create & edit build plan and edit deployment plans but cannot create deployment project .

Thanks,

Naveen

2 answers

1 vote
Niklas Wallace July 11, 2019

Hi @sudip saha ,

The Bamboo Specs linked repository needs to be linked to the project.

Navigate to your project settings, and select "Bamboo Specs repositories" in the "Security" section on the left side of the screen. From there, add the linked repository to the list of repositories.

You should now be able to re-scan the linked repository where the Specs are stored, and it will publish as long as there are no compilation errors.

Cheers

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2018

If you need to allow creation of deployment projects from Bamboo Specs you should grant All projects permission at Bamboo Specs tab of repository. Same tab you used to enable Bamboo Specs for that repo.

Naveen Julakanti April 30, 2018

We cannot provide access to all Projects for a Bamboo specs repository because each project has its own specs and it is not allowed to access other project's . Is there any alternative ?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Create deployment project manually and then manage it via Bamboo Specs

Naveen Julakanti April 30, 2018

Thanks for the reply Alexey . We are currently manually creating deployment project and providing authorization to Bamboo Specs . It's kind of hectic to create manually every time  and thus looking to see if it can be created automatically and what access is required for it . Is providing access to all projects is the only way for it ?

Thanks,

Naveen

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2018

If you want to create deployment project from Bamboo Specs code in repository, then yes - it's the only way.

sudip saha November 27, 2018

Hi  @Alexey Chystoprudov. after your suggestion above we have:

1) Created manually a Deployment project linked to a repository

2) Generated the Deployment Specs using the View project as Java Specs option

2) Uploaded it to the linked repository

We expected this way to be able to modify the Specs without needing to grant All projects permission at the Bamboo Specs tab.

Unfortunately, we still get the UnauthorisedException below:

com.atlassian.bamboo.exception.UnauthorisedException: The plan stored in repository 'XXX' is not permitted to modify the deployment project 'YYY'

01-Jan-1970 01:00:00             at com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.external.DeploymentImportServiceImpl.lambda$importDeploymentPermissions$1(DeploymentImportServiceImpl.java:272)

01-Jan-1970 01:00:00             at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:140)

Any idea why?

Niklas Wallace July 11, 2019

Hi @sudip saha ,

The Bamboo Specs linked repository needs to be linked to the project.

Navigate to your project settings, and select "Bamboo Specs repositories" in the "Security" section on the left side of the screen. From there, add the linked repository to the list of repositories.

You should now be able to re-scan the linked repository where the Specs are stored, and it will publish as long as there are no compilation errors.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events