Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation Exception after installation/start and it prefends setup to complete

Sven-Maurice April 12, 2019

While starting the bamboo server I get the exception:

12-Apr-2019 10:43:29.952 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.open Failed to open access log file [C:\Program Files\Bamboo\logs\access_log.2019-04-12]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Bamboo\logs\access_log.2019-04-12 (Access is denied)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:298)
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.open(AccessLogValve.java:651)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.startInternal(AccessLogValve.java:685)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.startInternal(StandardPipeline.java:182)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

System:

Win10

Bamboo Server Edition
Version : 6.8.1

JAVA_HOME "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-12" contains spaces. Please change to a location without spaces if this causes problems.

If you encounter issues starting or stopping Bamboo Server, please see the Troubleshooting guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Installing+Bamboo+on+Windows

Using CATALINA_BASE: "C:\Program Files\Bamboo"
Using CATALINA_HOME: "C:\Program Files\Bamboo"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\Program Files\Bamboo\temp"
Using JRE_HOME: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-12"
Using CLASSPATH: "C:\Program Files\Bamboo\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\Bamboo\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"
NOTE: Picked up JDK_JAVA_OPTIONS: --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2019

@Sven-Maurice 

Hi

in the shared log there is a "Access is denied" message.

Did you check that the user, that bamboo runs as, has the right permissions to C:\Program Files\Bamboo\ and the folders below

See also

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/running-bambooconsole-bat-fails-on-windows-x64-with-java-io-filenotfoundexception-atlassian-bamboo-log-access-is-denied-232555366.html

Cheers

Kurt

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2019

@Sven-Maurice 

I agree with @Kurt Klinner also be aware that this usually gets reset after performing an upgrade to the Bamboo Server, so if you had the server running as a user with the correct permissions then recently upgraded the version of Bamboo you might need to set the service to run as the correct user again.  I've been caught by that one a couple of times now.

-James

Sven-Maurice April 14, 2019

I added my user to have modify permision bud the setup process doesn't finish

@Jimmy SeddonI don't start the bamboo server as a service I use the start-bamboo.bat

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

Hi @Sven-Maurice,

The start-bamboo.bat file is calling 'net start Bamboo'. Because part of the installer process is the run the InstallAsService.bat which is located in the same directory.

If you check the Windows Services installed on the Bamboo server you should see one listed with the display name "Atlassian Bamboo" (or something close to that).

If you edit the properties of that service and change the Log On account to the one that has access, you can still use the StopBamboo.bat & StartBamboo.bat files to turn it on and off you should just be running with the correct user account at this point.

I hope that helps!

Sven-Maurice April 15, 2019

thanks , I fixed the Access Violation Issues bud there are more exception 

it begins with org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]

then

Unable to instantiate Action, com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.actions.setup.SetupDefaultsAction, defined for 'setupDefaultGeneral' in namespace '/setup'Error creating bean with name 'reloadableBeanFactories' defined in class path resource [applicationContextPlugin.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.config.internalTransactionAdvisor': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0' while setting bean property 'transactionAttributeSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'customBuildCompleteActionAdvisor' defined in class path resource [applicationContextManagers.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'hibernateInterceptor' while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'hibernateInterceptor' defined in class path resource [applicationContextPersistence.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContextPersistence.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException - action - file:/C:/Program%20Files/Bamboo/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:429:124

the rest is in the logfile

LogFile on pastebin

Sven-Maurice April 16, 2019

should I start a new Thread for the next Issue?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2019

Might not be a bad idea for anyone else searching for the issue you are running into now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events