Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A method to have Bamboo ignore a specific file when polling for changes

Peter Gilchrist September 14, 2015

I have a file in my Bitbucket repository used to track database changes that need to be made over time. Some of our users update this file when they alter stored procedures or other items not related to functional changes in java code. When they push their changes it is triggering a bamboo build (we are polling the repository for any changes).

Thus I believe I would like to 'exclude' or prevent Bamboo from being triggered if this single file is changed. Should I be looking for a feature in Bamboo on Demand Cloud to control this or Bitbucket On Demand cloud?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2015

This can be achieved via the advanced option Include/Exclude Files when you Configure a Bitbucket source repository in Bamboo:

Allows you to specify the files that Bamboo should, or should not, use to detect changes.

Enter into File Pattern a regular expression to match the files that Bamboo  includes or excludes. The regex pattern must match the file path in the repository. See sub page for examples.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events