It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

[bamboo server] environment usage "bamboo_deploy_version_previous" Edited

I used this bamboo environment bamboo_deploy_version_previous in a rollback task.

I have a deploy task called deploy2prod, for example, currently it is release-22

It will rename the old containers to <projectId>-release-21 first, then deploy a new service.  release-21 is the release number of previous deployment.

I added another rollback task after prod release. Will only start it if required.

I still use bamboo_deploy_version_previous as variable to get the name of <projectId>-release-21, but I found this rollback task is failed. It always tries to get the current release number <projectId>-release-22

Seems a bug for me, need confirm with Bamboo develop team.

### Updates

In bamboo logs,  deployment task deploy2prodbamboo_deploy_version_previous and bamboo_deploy_version are diffrerent: 

amboo_deploy_version_previous=release-21
bamboo_deploy_version=release-22

But in rollback task,  both bamboo_deploy_version_previous and bamboo_deploy_version are same

bamboo_deploy_version_previous=release-22
bamboo_deploy_version=release-22

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

336 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you