Bamboo 7.2 is here!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.2 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. This will be the last major Server release before the launch of Bamboo DC.

Bamboo logs

We’ve continued to work on one of the biggest pain points of Bamboo users - logs being cluttered and affecting performance. We are aware that in order to work efficiently and quickly find out what’s happened with your builds, you need immediate access to relevant information in the log files. To help you achieve that, we’ve limited the level of noise that gets in your way and giving you control over how much your Bamboo instance logs.

• Starting in 7.2, Bamboo will be logging less data by default. If you need to log additional data, like various VCS information and environment variables, you can enable the newly introduced verbose mode (when running a customized plan or in the deployment screen).

• Previously, we attached logs for every job that was rerun to the existing log file for that job. As a result, the log file was getting cluttered and difficult to navigate. Now in 7.2 we store logs for every job that is rerun in a separate file - making that information easier to find than ever!

Bamboo Specs improvements

What’s more, another batch of Specs for branches improvements has been delivered in response to your feedback:

YAML Specs

• We’ve added the any-task command so you can use tasks from any Marketplace app in Bamboo. 

• We've introduced the native YAML Specs support for SSH/SCP, Command, Maven, and Build Warnings tasks.

• The new YAML Specs API allows app vendors to manage plan and deployment triggers. 

Java Specs

• Trigger conditions configuration is now available in Java Specs. YAML Specs support will be available in future releases.

• Third-party Java Specs builders can be now used for Repository Stored Specs (RSS). Create your own Specs libraries to manage large and complex plan configurations.

Tag trigger

You can now schedule Bamboo to run a build automatically, whenever a selected tag appears in your repository.

Enable and disable agents over REST API

Now you can enable and disable agents through REST API endpoints.

Other changes include:

• Added support for MS SQL 2019, PostgreSQL 12

• Deprecation of MySql 5.6.3, Solaris, and macOS/OSX for server

We would love to get your feedback on these new improvements and learn how your organization plans to take advantage of them. Please share your stories, questions, and feedback with the Bamboo team below!

For more information about Bamboo 7.2 please check out the release notes.

9 comments

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Thank you for that info @Martyna Wojtas  

I am happy to see the dynamics changes of that product :) 

Like # people like this
Patrick Boyd January 19, 2021

So this means that Bamboo is getting a DC version?? We have been waiting so long for this.

Like Martyna Wojtas likes this
Martyna Wojtas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

@Patrick Boyd yes, we are currently working on it :) here is the roadmap: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/data-center?product=bamboo&

We will communicate more details here closer to release date.

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Martyna Wojtas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov thank you! we are glad to hear such feedback :) 

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Great!

jevin ji xu March 4, 2021

@Martyna Wojtas  for tag trigger, i can't get build plan triggered when i push a tag. I am sure the tag match the regexr i configured in build plan. Do you have one working example you could share?

some background, I upgraded from 7.0 to 7.2 recently, any setting i need to adjust in order to get tag trigger working?

BR, Jevin

Martyna Wojtas
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2021

@jevin ji xu You may check the value of the flag mentioned in the documentation to make sure the functionality is not disabled. Triggering works only when there are changes on the branch, maybe it's enabled and there were no changes? You may also create a regex that would catch every tag.

jevin ji xu March 8, 2021

Hi @Martyna Wojtas  my use case is simple, once there is tag pushed to orgin and match my regex (no commit, just tag is pushed), then build plan is triggered. 

I have tried to have .* in tag filter, but still can\t get the build plan triggered when a new tag is pushed. 

Also according to your documentation, tag trigger is enabled by default. 

Please advice.

Thomas Petit May 10, 2021

A year ago we had a call with the Atlassian development team about the tag triggering. Although a lot of stability improvements have been brought, I'm sad to see the tag triggering is still not working!

As @jevin ji xu mentions this simple thing is not working. When using YAML specs you do not even get the option to filter using a regex.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events