Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my old completed tasks showing up on my JIRA boards?

molaoye February 21, 2023

I have several boards in my JIRA project, and I specifically modified the settings of each board to show tasks completed not later than 2weeks. However, that doesn't seem to work any longer. It worked for a long time, and just last week I started seeing tasks completed very long ago (as far back as 2020, 2021 and 2022). I like to keep the board neat and organized. Any suggestions on what to do? I have modified the settings to even show tasks that were completed not later than 1 week, but to no avail, Please help!

3 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

I've always found this to be related to the fact that it is using Updated in conjunction with Status category = Done to decide what is hidden and when.

So, if someone adds a comment, changes a field value on a long closed and hidden issue, it will reappear on a Kanban board as long as it still meets the filter query criteria as it has been Updated within the last 7/14/28 days.

0 votes
Lynne Ratcliffe February 21, 2023

Have you checked the history?  We have recently been experiencing really old tickets being transitioned by an anonymous user, that no-one can explain.  Maybe this could be why?

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 14.30.30.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

What are the board filter and sub-filter for completed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events