Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the ticket display the person who has created the ticket?

Ine Nieuwenhuijzen March 21, 2022

We sometimes create a ticket for someone else and add the name of that person as reporter. However we also want to know who created that ticket. How do I do that?

I remember that I have seen the name of the creator in the status change log (see attachment). Is it still possible to display the name of the creator here and if so how do I that?

Thank you in advanced!Screenshot 2022-03-21 10.58.07 AM.png

4 answers

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

You could also consider creating a custom field (e.g. Orig Reporter) that automation can fill in when issues are created. That way, when you change Reporter, the original value can persist.

I think you can also set the screen configuration so that this field would not be editable (but Automation would be able to set it). A bit of extra effort for that, but it would then be trustworthy.

0 votes
Ine Nieuwenhuijzen March 21, 2022

Thank you for the replies. The History in Comments comes in handy!

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 21, 2022

Hi @Ine Nieuwenhuijzen 

You can find who has created the ticket in the History section.

Open an issue (ticket) > Activity > History

who created the ticket.png

In case, you need a more advanced report, I can suggest the Issue History plugin. Here you'll get info for the list of tickets and the ability to sort them according to your needs. My team developed it as a retrospective journal for every past activity.

You can add Created and Creator fields to get the info.

creator field.png

Let me know if you find those options helpful.

0 votes
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi,

You may check for 'History' option in activity (where you've comment)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events