cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use response from third party API?

Bill Horvath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2023

I have an automation that creates a polly in Slack by posting to the polly API when a new Jira issue of a particular type is created.

When the POST call succeeds, the response has valuable data in the payload. I'd like to add that data (or some parts of it) as a comment to the issue whose creation triggered the automation.

Is it possible to process a response in this fashion using the built-in features of the automation suite?

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

It could, does the response have a reference to the automation that created the post? If not, does the response have a reference to the issue that created the post? If the response has a reference to the automation you can delay the automation until you get the response back and then use {{webResponse.body} to extract the information that you want to add in the comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events