SubTasks Closed & Parent ticket Update

srilatha konda May 12, 2021

Team.

We have some subtasks for ticket, on closure of some subtasks, need to update custom field value in parent ticket.

I followed the article :  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/How-can-I-transition-the-parent-when-all-subtasks-are-resolved/qaq-p/159407.

But in this, if all subtasks are Done, than transition the parent ticket. So can we check for some subtasks are Done, instead of all subtasks are done by adding subtask summary. Is it possible in Jira Automation.

Eg: Parent ticket has 4 subtasks, ( Summary of Subtasks -  Sub Task 1, Sub Task 2, Sub Task 3, and Sub Task 4)

On Closing Subtask 1   and Subtask 3 subtask, parent ticket should be updated.

Untitled.png

2 answers

0 votes
wwalser
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Unfortunately I too am not entirely sure of what you're asking. Specifically:

by adding subtask summary

By adding subtask summary to what? Or do you want to add a subtask summary to the parent perhaps?

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

@srilatha konda  I don't really understand your question, do you want to

• transition the parent, when all subtaks are closed

then the rule should work

• transition the parent, when sub1+3 are closed (even if 2+4 are open)

you write "On Closing Subtask 1 and Subtask 3 subtask, parent ticket should be updated" and do not say something about the status of 2+4

is ist always 2+4, or depending on specific subtaks issue type?

• just list up, how many subtaks you have and the number of the not closed ones

because you write "So can we check for some subtasks are Done, instead of all subtasks are done by adding subtask summary."

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Searching-for-subtasks-of-parents-that-meet-certain-criteria/qaq-p/39736

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events