• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remembering original associate

Hi,

We have In Progress and In Review columns in project. Developer is moving tickete from In Progress to In Review. I want to store current assignee as issue property and then when ticket is rejected In Review - when moving back, automatically assign it to original assignee.

I've created rule that stores current assignee "{{issue.assignee.accountId}}" in "developerAccountId" when moving to "In Review"

And another rule when moving back to assign issue to "Smart value" with value "{{issue.properties.developerAccountId}}"

But that throws an error

" (Specified user does not exist or you do not have required permissions)"

Can you help me?

2 answers

Hey @Krzysztof Adamski 

This should work for you. 

{{developer.accountId}} 

OR 

if it is a custom field {{customfield_XXXXX.accountId}}

Reassign Rule.png

Can you explain why it should work? I'm setting {{developerAccountId}} property and in logs when I print out {{issue.properties.developerAccountId}} it prints out correct value. Just assigning doesn't work.

Sounds like a permission issue then. 

Under Rule Details Who do you have as the Actor is it "Automation for Jira"? Try setting this to a user you know has the required permissions. 

I tried that already - but didn't help. Also - I have rules to assign to specific people (i.e. when moving to "QA" column) and that works.

Typo on the Action Smart Value?

{{developer.AccountId}} including the "."

Here's where I'm setting this property and then where I'm trying to use this. I don't think it's the typo because I can print out this value and it looks ok.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 16.56.31.pngScreenshot 2020-10-14 at 16.58.47.png

Ah, sorry I hadn't realised you were setting this data as an entity. We have a similar use case but we capture the assignee in a custom field called "Developer" so others can see who had developed the Story in the future. 

Your issue is a simple fix :) 

In the Set entity property - Entity type - you currently have "Issue" set should be "User".  

But I want this property to be set on Issue not User. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

Announcing the Jira automation template library!

Hi all,  After many months of work, I am delighted to announce the launch of the Jira Automation Template Library!  The Template Library is a new website dedicated to all things Jira au...

968 views 17 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you