Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release version automation

Eran Roiter July 6, 2023

Hello everyone.

I would like to add automation related to the release of the versions, that as soon as a version changes its status to released, a certain issue type will change its status from done to released.

I can't figure out how to make this connection, I would appreciate the wisdom of the masses.

Thank you very much and have a great day everyone :)

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

Hi @Eran Roiter 

How is that specific issue associated to the release? 

For example, is the fixVersion of the issue set to that release?  If so you could branch to the issues in the release and then use a condition to check the issue type.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

Post screen shots of your rule

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2023

Hi @Eran Roiter 

automation in general needs specific conditions/a certain pattern the automation follows. So the question is: 
what exactly is this "certain" issue/ issue type you would like to process as a result of your automation rule?

can this be specified? what kind of issue is it? what is the relation between this issue and the version? what is you main requirement / your underlying business process for this automation?

Furthermore:
Did you already try to automate this? How far did you come so far with your automation? Could you show a screenshot of your current automation rule? This might help to understand the requirement and see where you got stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events