Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio - Team field question

Tony Rossiter June 9, 2020

All, 

My customer use case is to set the Team field to value 1215 when the issue is created if the Team field is left empty. I've tried a couple of different approaches but none is working as hoped: 

#1 - Edit Issue Fields

Screenshot1.jpg

#2 - Set Entity Property

Screenshot2.jpg

Neither is working. 

Any ideas? Happy to share Audit Log messages as needed. 

3 answers

2 votes
Julian Antuña September 10, 2020

Hi! This is what we did and works perfectly (you need to check the id of the tempo field first)

team field.png

Ruben Dewyngaert October 7, 2020

Shame it's hard-coded, but it works like a charm, thanks!

Like Julian Antuña likes this
0 votes
Craig Johnson August 9, 2020

Tony,

You almost had it with the first example above.  

I got this working using your first example, however I needed to change from using "When issue created".  Instead, I used "When: Value changes for" changes to the Summary field (and for All issue operations).

Reason for this is that the issue key doesn't exist when the Edit issue field was firing.

Hope this helps.

Craig

0 votes
Sarah Oros June 12, 2020

If this is the Team field managed by Portfolio - I've also had no luck. I was hoping to see if I could customize subtasks automatically generated based on team since there are multiple teams working on the same project.

I noticed some other Portfolio fields are unable to be used with the Issue Fields Condition options - Epic Link, Parent Link aren't available. These custom fields are LOCKED in the admin list of fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events