Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation - Link/Create "Related Work" to Version

Luke Abel August 15, 2023

Hi, I have a working automation that does the following:

• On new version created
  • Create relevant issues and set the fix version as the trigger version
  • Create a new confluence page for a "Release Plan"

I noticed on the release page however, I can add "related work" to this release.

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 3.50.16 pm.png

I want to update my automation to link the Confluence page so that it displays as "related work" on this trigger release. Is this possible to do?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Agraj Mangal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2023

Hi @Luke Abel 

I do not think there is a OOTB Automation action today that lets you `Add Related Work` to the release. 

You can probably log a feature request for the same here  

Alternatively If you can find a Jira REST API that lets you do this, then we can probably use the `Send Web Request` action after you create the confluence page to do this linking but I do not know if such a public API exists today. 

Cheers,
Agraj

Luke Abel August 21, 2023

Thanks for the response @Agraj Mangal!

Phill Pafford
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2023

do you have an example Rest API request?

0 votes
Sairam Sanjay Simha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Not sure when this particular one was release, but there is this... https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-project-versions/#api-rest-api-3-version-id-relatedwork-post

Unfortunately, this does not seem to acutally LINK the issue 

0 votes
Keane Yam September 28, 2023

Hi Luke, I am in need of help to set up the automation rules that you have. Could you share your steps with me?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events