Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way of accessing the Primary incident link via automation?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2023

It would be great to generate a PIR where the 

Primary incident field is populated as part of the creation (via automation).

But is that possible currently?

2 answers

0 votes
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2023

ah came here looking for the same thing.  I can 'link' a Major issue via some automation but I want it to be the Primary Incident, surely this can be picked out in automation somewhere.

It's not a custom field so can't jam a smart value into it.

This has to be achievable, linking a PIR to a primary incident seems logical!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2023

Hi @Curt Holley 

Have you tried using the how-to article below to identify the smart value of the field?  My understanding is that if the smart value is present, it can at least be edited with JSON using advanced edit.  And if it is absent it is not yet supported.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Kind regards,
Bill

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2023

Thanks @Bill Sheboy 
Good call. Though I'm having issues accessing the API currently.
But, it isn't a JQL searchable field. Can't find it in Custom fields , Issue linking....
So I'm doubting it 🫤

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2023

Not sure I really understand the question here? There is a particular field that you want to populate?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2023

Yeah @Simmo The "primary incident" field that is only part of the Post Incident Review" issue type in JSM.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2023

Right and thats not appearing in the Create issue field list?

Michael Verdun Heath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2023

I'd like an answer to this too.  No it doesn't appear in the Create issue field list.  I believe it's not a true field, but some kind of way linked issues are worked.  The incident ticket specified gets linked as "is reviewed by", and on the PIR it shows as a link type of "Primary Incident" (this link type doesn't actually exist)... adding links alone doesn't do the trick. So what are we missing?

Jose Luis Lopez May 9, 2023

Same issue here and we also need a solution. Any idea?

David Laine May 24, 2023

This seems like a very obvious automation, spinning a PIR following a major Incident. I need to do this too!

Atlassian products in some areas can be frustrating sometimes, its like someone has not thought about this or completely missed something fundamental, or have just not finished the development evolution of something. 

I don't understand why the "Primary Incident Link" would not be identifiable from the automation engine. Is there a workaround? Please help Atlassian!

Rus Yates-Aylott March 15, 2024

Yes. You can create a PIR in an automation and you can create a link back to the trigger (parent) issue but in the PIR ticket view, this appears as a standard linked ticket (as with any ticket). Ideally, a linked incident case in a PIR should appear in the Primary Incident section but there does not seem to be any way of achieving this using an automation.

Any Atlassian boffin know how to achieve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events