Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy "Team" field into a new Comment

Kallan Sanders February 16, 2024

Am I able to create an automation rule that copies a value entered into the "Team" field into a new comment?

In other words, anytime the Teams field is updated, I want whatever value is entered there to create a new comment with that value.  This allows us to send a notification to that team that they have been tagged in a comment.  (if @CloudOps is entered in Team, the comment would be "@cloudops" which would then tag all members of the CloudOps team.  

In effect, this would allow us to use the Team field much like we would the Assignee field.  We want to assign tickets to a team and have them be notified.  There could be an easier way to do this, I am up for suggestions!

Thanks for any help the community can provide.  

1 answer

0 votes
John Connolly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2024

Hi @Kallan Sanders 

I can almost get this to work with the following code, but as you can see it doesn't turn the text into a hyperlink, that actually tags the team...

I'm sure there will be a way around this.  I'll dig around some more...

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 9.01.42 am.pngScreenshot 2024-02-17 at 9.03.00 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events