Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto assign ticket when a specific component is selected in form Jira Cloud

Dorothy Callahan July 18, 2022

Hi,

I created form where a specific "Component" can be selected from a list of components by requestor.  I would like to have ticket auto assign to specific user based on selected component.  I've gone through Issue triggers however unable to use issue trigger when field is updated with XXX.

2 answers

2 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

Hi @Dorothy Callahan ,

You don't have to use any trigger or something, You need to Component in Jira n create a component, and define the component lead. So whenever the user is selecting a component while creating an issue then automatically issue will be assigned to the Component lead.

For more detail on How to create a component and how it works Please have a look at Atlassian Document on Organize work with components

Cheers,
Mayur

Dorothy Callahan July 20, 2022

Thank you for your help!  

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

@Dorothy Callahan if the answer was helpful it would great if you hit the accept button so that it will others too.

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2022

Hi, @Dorothy Callahan !

You can assign issues to a specific user automatically by using Business Process Manager add-on.

My team has developed Conditional step functionality that  allows starting an assign issue, when specific component is selected

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events