Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volunteer opportunities around town?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

This is around the time of year I'd expect to be doing our stretch of Adopt-a-Creek with Keep Austin Beautiful. We typically have a team go out and clean up a 5 block stretch of Waller Creek, but I don't think that's in the cards this year.

What are some other volunteer activities you know of locally that can be done safely right now? Is anyone helping coordinate vaccination appointments?

2 comments

Comment

jerry knowles March 10, 2021

My friend volunteered at COTA to help with non medical tasks associated with a mass vaccination, hopefully there's something like that?

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Haven't quite figured out how to help online, but there does seem to be a lot of activity around Texas Updates and their Slack workspace to list when doses are available. Williamson County is running some "tech assistance" sites where people can show up in person and get assistance creating an appointment online. It's interesting - I'm not sure how they're managing safety but on its head it seems riskier than trying to call folks and coordinate over the phone.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

@Daniel Eads - if you're vaccinated and masked up, consider donating time to a local school? That's what I did when I lived in Austin. I connected with a school's librarian on Nextdoor (she was asking for volunteers).

Like Daniel Eads likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events