Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We changed the top menu from People to Teams

Hi Community

Atlassian products are designed to unleash the potential of every team, and we want to help you get there through Atlassian teams.

Recent research into how our users work tell us that it was difficult to find or create teams in our products.

With this in mind, we changed the top navigation menu label in Jira and Confluence from People to Teams.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 4.03.07 pm.png

By changing the label to Teams, it's now easier to:

• create a team

• find a specific team in your organization

• browse through the people and teams you work with

• invite your friends and coworkers to use Jira or Confluence.

With this change we are also consolidating how we refer to the menu across Atlassian products.

Did you know you can use the same Atlassian teams across Jira, Confluence, Atlas, and Compass?

And in Atlas you can even assign teams to your projects!

Recently we made it easier to find teams and view members in your team profile. We continue finding ways to make it easier for you to collaborate using Atlassian teams.

7 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

@Allen Samson I like this change because it represents what it stands for. Team is the pinnacle of Atlassian so it should get a prominent place in its products.

Like # people like this
Daniel Serodio April 27, 2023

Is it finally possible to use Teams to manage permissions in Jira projects? Like the "SRE Team" should have Developer permission on project "SRE"?

Like # people like this
Rick Westbrock April 27, 2023

@Daniel Serodio you may want to look at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-80976 which is for consolidating groups and teams. As far as I have read in other discussions about Teams they cannot yet be used for permissions.

Like # people like this
Kerry Bayles April 28, 2023

Is there a way to assign a Team field to my issues and have it appear in the backlog view?  We are considering having all teams work off of the same backlog, in which case I would like to tag future tickets with which Team we believe will work on the ticket, to get a better idea of how much work is coming down the pike for each team.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Daniel Serodio May 3, 2023

Thanks for the link @Rick Westbrock ! But seeing as it's still "Gathering Interest" I expect it's still some years away 😒

Like Rick Westbrock likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2023

@Daniel Serodio and @Rick Westbrock , that's right - we cannot use Teams for permissions yet. We are however looking into that for the future. 

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2023

@Kerry Bayles , this is not possible for everyone yet. We are however working on that feature and it is expected to be released to most customers towards the end of this year. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events