Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud Instance Migration

jenjohns February 9, 2022

Hello,

We are migrating from a Jira cloud instance that now sits with our external vendor to our company's Jira instance. I wanted to ask if anyone else has been part of a Jira cloud migration and what are the things the team should consider? We are working with our company's Jira admin and the external vendor's product owner of their Jira instance to plan for this migration work. Should I submit this as a technical support ticket? TIA

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2022

Hi, @jenjohns.  Welcome to the community.

There's a special interest group about cloud migrations. I'd head over there and have a look AND if you cannot find what you need (I think I saw an article about cloud to cloud migration) you might want to post something in Jira Cloud admins.

-dave 

Thank you, Dave!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

In addition, Atlassian partners like ourselves can also help with these efforts. Feel free to reach out and book some time https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/atlas-authority/boris-30 

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

@jenjohns - don't forget to check out any upcoming Atlassian Community Events (ACEs)...!

If you want access to the Trello board we built with 8 different Atlassian gurus last month, let me know. I got the unedited recording as well if you like.
DM me on LinkedIn!

https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-rotterdam-presents-new-lunar-year-new-you-your-migration-journey-to-the-cloud-with-trello/

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mahesh Chiliveri February 9, 2022

Hi, Could you please help me undrestanding the reasong for moving away from atlassian cloue to your own cloud instance ?

It is a company-owned enterprise license that we are required to move to. It is owned by our IT department. I believe they use Atlassian cloud, but I need to confirm. 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

Definitely confirm, @jenjohns.  The answer to that question has many implications WRT your original questions  🙂 

Like jenjohns likes this

I have confirmed that we are migrating from cloud to cloud! Just posted in the cloud instance migration community. Thanks, everyone! :) 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mohammed Kasim February 10, 2022

Reply: Many thanks for the opportunity I get

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events