Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

✨ Sherif-sclusive: Atlassian Intelligence Updates (May)

55 comments

Comment

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2024

currently we have disabled AI in our instances (company IT regulations), think first we need to inform us better about AI.

Like β€’ # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2024

@Sherif Mansour I have been using the AI powered search in Confluence since beta and can say it's been a game changer for us. Surfaces answers instead pf pages (where you then need to search for answers).

More recently the introduction of Page Summaries in Confluence has improved quality of life for our internal users - especially when the top of the page says its a 17 minute read!

JesusSavedMina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

Looking forward

Like β€’ Kelly Stocker likes this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2024

This all looks good, we're simplifying search queries in our own products and I've been trying out the Jira AI search which should make life much easier for our non-technical teams.

Like β€’ Sherif Mansour likes this
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

That's very interesting.  πŸ™‚

PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 10, 2024

So excited to check out the Atlassian University courses πŸ™Œ

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2024

Hi @Sherif Mansour , thanks for the overview. While I appreciate that AI is useful, I am a little worried about the environmental impact, which isn't really yet understood for how much energy is consumed by AI. Is Atlassian doing anything or thinking about any initiatives to counteract this consumption?

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2024

@Valerie Knapp good question! 

I think the general assumption that energy consumption is very correlated to cost trends is a good one to have as we approach this problem. Zooming out across the industry, it is also fair to say that if we believe AI will change how teams work every day, then in-general there will be more energy required to power these models. 

Bringing it closer to Atlassian, we've long been an advocate for climate action. We set science-based targets to limit warming to 1.5Β°C and achieve net-zero emissions by no later than 2040. Reducing emissions remains our top priority, which includes emissions from our cloud and AI model suppliers.

There are broadly two parts of the equation when it comes to AI. (1) Energy consumption when it comes to training these models - often from third-parties, and (2) energy consumption when it relates to our feature execution.

On the former, we will continue to work with model providers to work out how this gets better over time, but it's clear that as the technology is getting better there is lots of solutions here. E.g. Smaller more efficient models or something like Apple who just announced models running on-device for most transactions and for complex queries they could go to a cloud provider etc. We suspect these patterns to start to follow in our space as well. 

On the latter, we continue to make sure our AI features are more efficient over time and reduce their consumption. As a practical example, the team that worked on Natural Language to JQL in Jira moved from a general-purpose model to a fit-for-purpose model that uses about 20x tokens every time it's run since it's launched. More and more teams at Atlassian are looking to optimise usage like that to ensure the usage stays as low as possible. 

Worth closing in acknowledging that climate change is impossible alone - we invite all companies here, your own, AI and Cloud services to join us and set science-based targets to reduce their emissions. 

Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2024

Really looking forward to Virtual Agents in the Jira Service Management Help Centre. Might be a huge feature!

Juan Carlos Pin June 14, 2024

Wait! Link summary is the killer feature! like, NOT OPENING EVERY LINK THEY PUT!

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2024

Great stuff @Sherif Mansour! I'm definitely checking out the free training class! 

Like β€’ Stephen_Lugton likes this
Dr_ Valeri Colon June 14, 2024

Exciting updates, Sherif! The new AI-powered features in Atlassian Analytics and Confluence sound like they'll be a huge boost to efficiency and user experience. Can't wait to try the chart insights and content refresh panels.

Dr_ Valeri Colon June 14, 2024

Great insights on energy consumption and AI!  It’s impressive to see Atlassian’s commitment to sustainability, especially with initiatives like using more efficient models for AI tasks.

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2024

@Sherif Mansour superb information, I signed up 

very useful 

Vikram P

TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2024

Love it! I'd love to see more Atlassian Intelligence features

Natasa Sebek June 17, 2024

Getting chart insights literally made my day, this is so amazing and I have been waiting for this for ages. Last night I was analyzing some excel visuals for 2h, and thinking about how user unfriendly it is. 

Thank you for making such amazing products and for constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. I can't wait to dive in and explore these new features!

Alex Hall June 20, 2024

Where can we find the technical documentation for how AI is used within Jira? What data is the model trained on? When we turn it on, is the model using our data to train itself better? Is our data ever used to train models which would ever be used outside of our instance?

I'm curious where this documentation, the type of documentation that gets an IT security team onboard, lives.

Jon Greaves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2024

@Sherif Mansour some great stuff coming in Jira using AI.

One use case that came up earlier today would be the ability to summaries linked/child stories, bug etc up to an Epic or Initiatives. Management doesn't typically want to be down in the details of the stories etc so allowing a Product Owner to summarise sub issues to a parent would save huge amounts of time.

Sean Griess
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2024

Thank for the update and AI courses!

Florian Schmidt June 20, 2024

The course is a nice kickoff and the AI Panel looks super cool!

Andrew Mair
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2024

Love the chart insights and link summaries - these will be a great addition!

Cyril Donnellan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 21, 2024

The overview looks great, I can't wait to dig in to the free course.

Do we have any updates on SOC 2 & ISO certification?

Mario GELES June 21, 2024

The AI free Atlassian courses are a wonderfull idea, thanks !

I have a question : Do you have in your plan an AI feature for JSM that will help agents to resolve issue based on Confluence content ? This resolution suggestion could appear in the agent screen. 

In my compagny we have a confluence space with simple articles for customers that is linked to the portal and a space with more technical articles for agents that is linked to the agents screen in order to suggest pages related to the issue. I think it could be very usefull to be able to do the same with AI

Tapiwa Samkange June 21, 2024

Great updates! The summary panel and Smart link summaries are clear highlights.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2024

Sorry for the late replies team! To answer your questions:

@Alex Hall In short, we do not train any models based on your data. We use a wide range of general purpose models and some fine-tuned models. Lots of other FAQ and linked resources here https://www.atlassian.com/trust/atlassian-intelligence

@Jon Greaves great suggestion - will pass that onto the Jira team working on this! cc @Julian Connor

@Cyril Donnellan RE: SOC 2 etc for AI, soon! My internal Atlas ticket tells me lots of folks working on this trying to get it out soon to customers! I'd expect coming few months 🀞🏼

@mari that would be super cool! I know the team is investing a lot more on using the JSM KB to help with things like this. Passing on feedback @philoye 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events