Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

✨ Sherif-sclusive: Atlassian Intelligence Updates (May)

πŸ‘‹πŸΌ G'day Atlassian Community! It was awesome to see many of you in person at Team24 this year! Thank you for all the memories and feedback as we build our products together.

For folks I haven't met: Hi! I'm Sherif Mansour, Head of AI at Atlassian. I'll be popping in here regularly to give you the skinny on what our team is working on.

Jump in the comments with questions, observations, your favorite AI joke or meme and you'll collect an Early AI-dopter badge for your profile page. Find this and future posts on the tag page (and add it to your RSS feed to get alerts.)

With that, AI-way we go! (Dad jokes are totally part of the gig)

1. πŸ“ˆ Find Chart templates fast with AI

We really loaded up Atlassian Analytics with chart templates. Instead of sending you down a "ughhh how do I find this?" rabbit hole, we powered that template search with AI. Describe the chart you're looking for and AI will locate it. 

Peep the visual: Searching for "Sprint progress" will find all the related charts on that theme.

CleanShot 2024-06-03 at 15.26.44@2x.png

2. πŸ’‘Chart insights... but make it easy

In a TL;DR world, we wanted to make the commentary on charts easier to digest/articulate. Ask Atlassian Intelligence and it will auto-magically identify any trend insights and generate chart commentary you can use in your presentation, notes, etc.

8315cec6-91ce-46a2-a707-650e7d14710c.png

Learn more about Chart Insights in Atlassian Analytics.

3. ✏️ Keep content freshy fresh (open beta)

Content that looks as stale as what's found in your office fridge isn't going to cut it. Confluence already helps with some of this (e.g. page status, content re-use blocks) but we're taking it next level with new AI panels in Confluence. The panels generate content dynamically from the page and help auto-maintain it.

Here are the two we're kicking off with:

1. Summary panel: Writes a page summary and keeps that summary updated when you make changes to the page.

2. Action Items panel: Scans your content and keep the action items' status up to date to help with meeting notes or project plans. 

ai-panels-original.gif

Note: AI panels are in open beta. Learn more about AI panels in Confluence.

4. πŸ”— Link summaries across the board

Tab proliferation is real. Smart links will summarize the content "behind" the link and save you from opening yet another another window. We've added AI summaries to smart links for Confluence, Jira Software, Jira Work Management, Jira Service Management, Slack and Google Drive.

smart-links-2.gif

5. πŸ›Ÿ πŸ”— Virtual Agents in the Jira Service Management Help Centre (closed beta!)

Last year we shipped Virtual Agents in Jira Service Management powered by Atlassian intelligence -- Virtual Agents help teams automatically get responses to questions in conversation (Slack) and create tickets right from chat.

Based on your feedback, we've created this same experience directly from the Jira Service Management portal and it's now in closed beta! You can learn more and sign-up for the beta here.

ai answers demo 20fps2.gif

6. 🎁 BONUS: Atlassian FREE AI course in Atlassian University 

We're all doing this thing together and there's a ton to learn. We've got some sweet new Atlassian University courses for AI across Jira and Confluence. These are the best way to explore and understand how to use all the AI features built in our products.

----

As always, my team would love your thoughts, feedback, questions on any of the features I mention above (or AI in general). I'll pass them on to the right teams, add them into my personal "to be considered bucket", AND of course, you'll be rockin' the fresh-out-the-oven Early AI-dopter community badge. 

That's it for me, I'll be posting monthly round-ups of all things AI in the coming months so stay tuned! 

52 comments

Comment

Michael McLennan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2024

Loving the dynamic AI panel content! I can see that really saving time for teams

Like β€’ # people like this
Filip Callewaert June 4, 2024

πŸ™Œ

AI Panel fan!

Like β€’ Daniella Latham likes this

Great stuff, @Sherif Mansour !!

I was waiting for those panels!! Need those in lots of templates. Love it that I do not need to click a summarize-button anymore.

Tried to include it in an excerpt macro but the content is not shown in lists and reports yet. Idem with the excerpt-field in Databases. 

Really looking forward to have these AI panels as field types in Confluence Databases - imagine the column "summary" and "action items"!

BTW - we're also in the EAP of the virtual agents: impressed already...

Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2024

Wow, first of all, thank you for sharing all this useful information.
I have already signed up for the AI ​​courses in my favorites
Now I just have to hope that we can try ROVO, I have high expectations with this Atlassian product.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2024

Free AI course, everyone should sign up.

Alex G June 5, 2024

Wow, and a free course! Thank you for the update @Sherif Mansour !!

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2024

The Best Memes about AI - by Mark McNeilly - Mimir's Well

Kelly Stocker
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 5, 2024

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 10.51.07β€―AM.png

Christine Green June 5, 2024

Does every user with a Confluence Enterprise license have access to Analytics?

Like β€’ Kelly Stocker likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2024

Thank you, @Sherif Mansour !  I wasn't aware of the AI course ~ definitely will be checking that out and following #sherif-sclusive!

Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

Great info, I bookmarked your tag.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

Generative-AI-Joke.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

loving the AI features. I can't keep up with learning/using bit. great problem to have.

Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2024

@Ethan Yew check out the panel 🫢🏻

Bryan Guffey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

AI, Yay-I! Too much fun and too exciting, @Sherif Mansour! Super pumped about Link Summaries! Can't wait to share that one with the team!!! And of course, my favorite AI meme! 

pigeon.jpeg

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

To be honest, I keep forgetting to make use of the AI features provided here and there. Some of the features sound real useful though. Thanks for the Update!

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

The AI seems like a good feature. Is it currently only available on Jira Cloud or also on DC?

I am aware that AI can help with JQL queries, but is there any approach to searching text fields, for example, to narrow down certain parameters, instead of using the ~ like approach?

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

Great, thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

Link summaries are a really great feature.  I hate having to click through to find everything.  Now I can just have it tell me with a click of a button.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2024

@Christine Green RE: "Does every user with a Confluence Enterprise license have access to Analytics?" - they can assuming your admin has granted access. See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/set-viewing-permissions-for-analytics/

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2024

@Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ no, no AI will be available in DC, this is Cloud only. 

RE: NL β†’ JIRA doing similar - yep, that works! Just tried it on my teams Jira

CleanShot 2024-06-06 at 17.49.54@2x.png

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2024

I can foresee saving myself lots of time by using the AI page summary panel.

Ciara TN
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

Thanks for this overview @Sherif Mansour

I will be delving into those courses asap. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events