Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Intelligence (AI) capabilities are now available

community banner.png

Atlassian Intelligence (AI) capabilities are now available

Exciting news: the first wave of Atlassian Intelligence (AI) capabilities are out of beta and generally available across our Cloud products like Jira Software, Confluence, and much more. Teams can leverage Atlassian Intelligence to accelerate their work, reduce manual tasks, and deliver value faster.

Read on for more details on how to access AI features, what’s now available (and what’s coming soon), and what this means for you. ⤵️

How do I activate Atlassian Intelligence?

Atlassian Intelligence (AI) capabilities are not activated by default. Organization admins need to activate AI features so that their teams can use them. Once admins have opted in for AI capabilities in a product, they don’t need to do it again.

Learn how in a few simple steps, and access our getting started guide.

What capabilities are now available and how do they benefit teams?

Atlassian Intelligence capabilities not only empower teams by boosting individual productivity, they also harness organizational data to make insights accessible and help simplify data-driven decision-making. Let's look at what’s available, and what’s coming soon.

Please note - some features are still available to try in beta. We’ll share updates when they are fully available.

What?   Available in  Why should teams care?
 Natural language to SQL  Atlassian Analytics (organization admins only) Organizations with Cloud Enterprise Jira Software, Jira Service Management, or Confluence can connect data to deeper understandings, and make data visualization more accessible.
 Natural language to JQL

Jira Software

Jira Work Management

Easily find relevant issues and their dependencies across Jira products, without being a JQL expert
 Generative AI in Editor

Jira Software

Confluence

Jira Service Management

Jira Work Management

Atlas

Bitbucket [coming soon]

Trello [coming soon]

AI-powered editing experiences help teams communicate more efficiently and effectively.

For example, turn rough notes and brain dumps into useful strategy pages. Summarize takeaways and action items in seconds. Adjust tone and improve writing to build confidence.

AI-powered summaries

Jira Service Management

Confluence

Jira Software [coming soon]

Jira Work Management [coming soon]

Summarize critical details, comments, and actions on Jira Service Management issues, to bring new stakeholders up to speed quickly.

New project or campaign to get up to speed on?  Rather than hours of reading, Confluence summaries give you a one-click summary in a digestible format.

Natural Language Automation

Confluence (space and organization admins only)

Write a what you want to automate in everyday language, and Atlassian Intelligence will create a rule for you. 

Virtual Agent with AI answers

Jira Service Management

Use your existing knowledge base to generate request responses and automate Tier 1 support workflows in Slack (Microsoft Teams coming soon!)

When employees ask the virtual agent a question, Atlassian Intelligence searches across your linked knowledge base articles to quickly answer their question and deflect new issues from being opened.

Request type suggestions

Jira Service Management

Create any request type you need with a prompt.

Q&A in Search [BETA]

Confluence

Compass [coming soon]

Save time finding the most relevant, reliable, and accurate information - from joining a new project, to finding the latest meeting notes.

AI Definitions [BETA]

Confluence

Jira Service Management [coming soon]

Whether you’re onboarding, changing teams, or simply learning something new, you can get up to speed fast and understand your company’s unique jargon, brands, products, and acronyms. No need to ask teammates for help.

See it in action!

Which plans include AI features and what action do I need to take?

Atlassian Intelligence features are generally available within our Premium and Enterprise Cloud product editions.

• If you didn’t participate in the Beta program and have either a Premium or Enterprise Cloud plan, AI features are ready for you to use! Please note: your organization admin will need to activate AI features to be able to use them.

• If you participated in the Beta program and have either a Premium or Enterprise Cloud plan, you don’t need to take any further action. Current and future features will roll out to your eligible products as they become available.

• If you participated in the Beta program and have either a Free or Standard Cloud plan, you will have access to generally available AI capabilities in Cloud products that you have already opted into as part of our Beta program, through June 30th, 2024.

Learn more about AI in Atlassian plans.

Share feedback and get updates

You can ask questions and share feedback in a couple of ways:

• Share feedback directly in the product when prompted - your 👍 👎 and additional feedback helps us a lot!

• Comment or ask questions in this post, or ask another question for the group

• From time to time, we’ll also host AMAs and reach out for feedback in the main Atlassian Intelligence Community group

We can’t wait to share future Atlassian Intelligence capabilities with you as they become available!

Cheers,

The Atlassian Intelligence team

15 comments

Comment

Andy P December 11, 2023

Do you have any plans to make AI features available via the API? This could be very useful for people building multi-application workflows and things like Slack bots.

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2023

It's a Great Article Indeed, I have also created a video on Atlassian Intelligence- How to enable and use Atlassian Intelligence with Atlassian's Products Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ulcus_g4YQ&t=12s  

Like # people like this
John December 14, 2023

Any tools on the horizon to train the AI?  Having a way to configure would be immensely helpful.  

Like elizabeth likes this
John December 14, 2023

possible the AI can be configured so that it 'learns' from attachments?  Presently, unless we paste the content from the attachments (e.g. pdfs) into confluence pages, the AI is blind to it :(

John Dunkelberg December 14, 2023

Is anyone else getting their Atlassian email notifications from threads like this flagged as spam?  Our filtering software is reporting a DNS DMARC Fail on emails from Atlassian Communities, causing the notifications to be blocked.  I can't see any way on the Atlassian Community to report a problem with the Community platform itself...

hbx
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2023

To activate Atlassian Intelligence, you typically need to use it within Atlassian's Cloud products like Confluence or Jira. You can start by typing in your query or issue directly into the search bar, as you would ask a teammate, and then select "Go" or press Enter to activate the AI search. This process utilizes Atlassian Intelligence to find answers or issues based on the available information in your Confluence or Jira environment, respecting all existing permissions and confidentiality protocols.

Like Daniella Latham likes this
Martin E January 3, 2024

Is this going to be available in Jira DC?

Like # people like this
Cheng Zhi Jie January 20, 2024

May I ask where I can find some demo video for above feature or use case? thanks

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 24, 2024

I know it's been a minute since this announcement. Here's a recap of all the Atlassian Intelligence features in Confluence and the best practices for how to use them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvK6fROn4G4

Robbie Duckie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2024

Really happy about the Ai summaries, Thank you!

Lien Duong March 4, 2024

Great article! Atlassian team, could you please provide information on the expected release date for the "AI-powered summaries" capability in JSW Cloud? I searched for "Atlassian Intelligence" in the Atlassian Cloud roadmap but couldn't find any mention of it in the search results. Thanks!

Tanu March 6, 2024

Is AI available for JIRA Data Center ?

Like # people like this
Peter Klein March 8, 2024

I am always eager to use new technologies and have been looking for an Audio to Text Converter for a long, I am sure this new plan will help me in this regard. 

Tapiwa Samkange March 20, 2024

Seeing the ability Atlassian Intelligence has to provide definitions of terms based on an organisation's own data, in person, is impressive.

John Turato
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 9, 2024

What is the product plan for making Altassian Intelligence available in Datacenter?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events