Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add structure to your Jira descriptions with AI issue reformatter - now in beta.

Hi, I'm Julian, a Product Manager on the Jira team. I am excited to introduce the newest Atlassian Intelligence feature for Jira users — AI issue reformatter. AI issue reformatter allows users to reformat their issue descriptions into structured templates! 🚀

Have you ever opened a Jira issue and been confronted by a wall of text? You lean closer to your screen as you read it line-by-line, word-by-word, to check that one acceptance criterion or requirement. Despite your best efforts, have you ever missed a key requirement or piece of information, resulting in rework down the track? If so, AI issue reformatter is here to help.

issue reformatter2.png

Now in Open Beta, AI issue reformatter can be accessed via the AI button in the Editor and by selecting the “Add Structure” option. Our AI will understand your description and suggest how it could be restructured to improve readability. As a user, we provide the options to:

+ Replace your existing description

+ Insert your new description after your existing description

+ Copy the text so you can paste it where you like

Bring clarity to every issue with AI issue reformatter in Jira today! You can learn more about this and other AI features available in Jira here.

As always, we'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this post or via the thumbs up/down when you use the feature. Try out AI issue reformatter in Jira and let us know how we can make it work better for you!

Getting started with Atlassian Intelligence in Jira

AI issue reformatter will be available exclusively to Jira Cloud Premium and Enterprise customers. Whether your organization is already on either plan or is interested in upgrading plans to gain access to these capabilities, please refer to the resources below to get started with AI:

5 comments

Comment

alampreave July 12, 2024

Great new functionality!! When will it be available, or how we can start using it? It does not show yet on our site...

Like # people like this
Mohit Tyagi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2024

Congratulations on launching the new AI feature for JIRA stories! It seems incredibly useful for improving the quality of my stories. I do have a few questions:

• Using Existing Templates: I currently rely on a specific template that I find very effective due to its overall structure. Can the AI be used to populate my existing template instead of the generic one offered in the "Add structure" function?
  • AI for Scenario Identification: Currently, the AI seems focused on improving wording and structure within my existing inputs. Is it possible to train the AI to identify potential scenarios I might be missing while writing the story?
  • Future Figma Integration: Are there any plans to integrate with Figma? This would allow the AI to directly view design mockups and potentially generate stories based on them.
Like Stephen_Lugton likes this
Liv Olarte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2024

Great News!

Same question here - we're on Premium but it's not also available in our instance.

Risto Pearce
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 25, 2024

This is a great feature, and will simultaneously speed up the creation of well formed work requests while improving the quality.

It would be great to add an ability to have user/company specific templates to format the information, so we can standardise an approach.

An extension like this would improve the feature for a few reasons:

1. Each organisation (or even areas within an organisation) have unique requirements for certain information they like to be specific on.
  2. Standardising the format makes it easy for a user to understand the information more instinctively when they consume other tickets.
  3. It creates an opportunity to pull pieces of the description out across multiple tickets to support ceremonies like showcases etc.

All in all well done, I'm loving the AI work you guys are doing!

Elizabeth Nixon July 26, 2024

I'm excited by the AI things you guys are doing. Please consider extending it to Standard users.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events