Divestiture from our current company into a new tenant

Nader Mansouri March 8, 2024

Hi, 

Our company (Company X) is getting sold to another one (Company Y), and we would like to know if there is a process to transfer our current tenant at Company Y. Is there a way to transfer everything from Jira, and Confluence?

Is it just a matter of changing the domain hosting our atlassian content? Changing the URL? Will we have to lose all of our data?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi Nader - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is the Jira platform used by both companies? Jira Cloud? Jira Data Center? Jira Server? 

Feel free to connect with me in LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-funk-92261a38/

Nader Mansouri March 12, 2024

Hi John, 

We do not think Company Y has any Jira products. However, at Company X, we have the following: 

• Confluence
  • Jira Corpo
  • Jira Cloud

I connected with you on LinkedIn.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2024

Hi Nader - I don't see a connection for you in LinkedIn. 

Also, I need to know if the companies are using Jira Cloud? Jira Data Center? Jira Server? 

Nader Mansouri March 13, 2024

Just sent you a message on LinkedIn again. We're using Jira Cloud!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events