Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I host JIRA in my own (private) cloud?

In view of End support for all server products in 2024, I want to move my JIRA services (server) into my private cloud.

Is this supported?

I only see Atlassian Cloud (which is their cloud infra) but I want to host it in my own cloud infra.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

@Koh Tze Hong Atlassian are ending support for the server on premise products but are continuing to support the Data Center versions which you could deploy in your own cloud infrastructure. 

Hello @Koh Tze Hong ,

And thank you @Phill Fox,  for the answer.  I just wanted to add on to this answer with some details on the options for setting up Data Center Locally or Hosted covered in the Jira Data Center documentation

This Documentation space covers all the details of the Infrastructure layout requirements (Load balancer, Cluster Nodes, and a shared DB with a shared filesystem) and recommendations on the configurations for setting up the cluster locally, as well as guides for setting up on AWS and Azure with access to the configuration templates for the hosting options:

We also provide guides to help you understand how to quickly deploy this architecture on AWS and Azure:

Regards,
Earl

We are hosting JIRA Server in our own private cloud, and will be continuing to do so after last week's announcement.

Server licenses are lifetime, so you could do this with your current license, on your own private cloud. However, support will end as per the announcement, so be prepared for that.

1 vote
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Oct 19, 2020

Hi Koh,

there have been some good answers from Phill and Diego. Running your Jira servers with the latest version that will be available in 2024 will be ok from a plain technical view.
Security vulnerabilities that will be discovered afterwards cannot be mitigated, though - therefore this approach must be considered carefully.

Not being able to raise a support request with Atlassian after February 2024 is another topic (as Diego already said).

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Atlassian Cloud Migration

To all Atlassian server champions - we want to hear from you

If you haven’t already read our recent announcement “ Accelerating our journey to the cloud, together ” and reviewed the related information that we added to our website , please start the...

7,285 views 230 40
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you