Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Migration WordPress to confluence

Edited

Hi Guys ,

What do you think, what would be the best way to import WordPress site to Confluence Space ? I saw that there was an XML export import solution ? Is that possible how can i do that please . i have exported my Wordpress space into XML file but i d'ont know how can i import that in confluence . 

Thanks,

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi, 

This is a tricky request, because you can only import other Confluence Spaces that were previously exported as XML. There might be some ways to achieve what you are trying to do. Please check this Answer from a different  community thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/WordPress-into-Confluence/qaq-p/679359

In short: Either you do xml editing or you reach out to a 3rd party vendor to help you with that. 

Have a great day, 

Tibor

Hi Tibor ,

Thank you for replying.

I have 1000 pages it's too much :( to do that page per page  . so  I have to convert the XML file into a format that confluence will accept do you think that is possible ? i mean is that complecated ? (  I have no knowledge of web ) 

0 votes
Answer accepted

Do you need all the content...is it all up to date and you want those 1000 pages into your new Confluence space?

I'm guessing I would export the whole website to a static html and set it up somewhere so that it can be accessed if/when needed and start replacing content in my new Confluence space and just referring to the old site as needed.

we did the sorting, we have 800 artciles

Then Matt's solution (below) sounds like a possible option...if nothing else comes forward here :)

0 votes
Answer accepted

I recently did this for my organization, not an easy feat. I ended up writing a web scrapper in Python to read the WordPress content and then made use of Confluence's REST API to re-create the content as a blog posts within Confluence. If the WordPress instance is using extensions such as Visual Composer it make this much more difficult due to having to parse custom tags.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you