Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a "ScriptRunner Enhanced Search" Filter to auto refresh?

Dolly Kirubavathi August 26, 2022

This is my filter created using "ScriptRunner Enhanced Search"

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = XXX and issuetype = Epic", "is a Parent of")

and every time I load this script, I would like it to reflect the latest data. But the results are not dynamic.

Any help is appreciated!!!!

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Sue Wilson August 26, 2022

On the Setting page you can specify how often ScriptRunner synchronizes your filters.  The default interval is five minutes.  The maximum allowed is an hour.  Recommendation is to use the default value unless you notice that filter synchronization makes too many requests to your JIRA instance and causes performance issues.

NOTE:  New filters are not synchronized on creation by default.  All new filters will be synchronized after the default interval of 5 minutes WHEN the Sync Filter option is selected in the Filter Creation Screen.  If the Sync Filter option is disabled, the filter does not automatically sync and must be manually synced from the Search screen using the Sync Filter button.

image1.png

image2.png

Every X minute, ScriptRunner will check if something has changed in your JIRA issues or someone has changed the ScriptRunner add-on settings recently.  If check is positive, then filters are synced with the changes made to the issues in your JIRA instance.  Filters are always run with the same set of permissions as the user who created the filter.

WARNING:  You must make sure that the ScriptRunner Add-On User has the Global Permission to Browse Users in order for this feature to work.

0 votes
Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2023

Hello Dolly, I supose you use Jira Cloud with Scriptrunner, then you need to configure the Sync option in your filter

Once created, new filters are not synchronized by default. All new filters are synchronized after the default interval of 5 minutes when the Sync Filter option is selected in the Filter Creation Screen. If the Sync Filter option is disabled, the filter does not automatically sync and must be manually synced from the Search screen using the Sync Filter button.

Best regards!

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Dolly Kirubavathi 

You didn't say whether this was for Cloud or Server/DC.

Dolly Kirubavathi August 26, 2022

Cloud

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events